Thursday, May 20, 2010

The "Shabby Chic Cottage" Kitchen Curtain

You'd never know I live 5 miles from the beach; better yet, just 3 blocks from the intercoastal waterway.  You'd never know, because there is not one single sign of "beachyness" anywhere!  Our back yard looks like a farm now with the large garden & chicken coop, and inside is just pink, pink, and more PINK!  No blues, no seafoam green, no seashells -- nothing.  I'm just not into that look, I guess.  What I am into is "shabby chic" style.  I love repurposing old, vintage things that I find at the Goodwill or a yard sale.  So, I've dubbed my new kitchen style as "shabby cottage".  What do you think?  Here's the start...my homemade kitchen curtain.  Hope you like it!  :0) 


 (I know the red hot coffee pot doesn't match.  I am either going to have to replace it, or spray paint it.  Have I mentioned that I love spray paint?)  :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment