Thursday, August 16, 2012

Crocheted Chicken Potholder



So it's no secret that I am chicken crazy.  What can I say...I love my birds!  Since I love crafting and I love chickens, when I saw this Lion Brand pattern, I just had to make these cute little chicken potholders.  You can find the tutorial here.  (There are two separate patterns - one for the mama hen and one for the chick.  My link will take you to one, but check out the other linked patterns on the LB website.)

I found that these worked up rather nicely and quickly.  Definitely add the wing before you join the front and back sides together!  Also, I found it extremely helpful to steam iron my front and back before joining them.  They were curling a bit and by ironing them, they went together very nicely.

Note:  I didn't you the recommended Cotton Ease yarn.  I had Peaches 'n Cream already on hand so I used that.


No comments:

Post a Comment