Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Sunday School Teacher Gifts


Okay, so the kids and I were trying to decide what to come up with for a fun Christmas gift idea for our Sunday school teachers.  I found a cute idea for a kitchen sponge and modified it to be a bath sponge.  I paired them with a nice, pretty-smelling soap and tied them up.  Now that I think about it, I am wondering if it is a rude gift.  I mean...soap?  I would hate for the ladies to think that we think they need to take a bath.  Hmmm.....
For the original pattern, please visit Hook Candy by clicking HERE.  I really enjoyed making them.  I had to learn a new type of stitch called Tunisian Crochet, or the Afghan stitch.  I really like it!  Check out You Tube for a demo if it's new to you too.  :0)

2 comments:

  1. They're pretty! Did you match the yarn to the soap, or did perfectly matching soap miraculously appear at the shop after you made the scrubbies?
    Your stitching looks really nice and even. Crochet Superstar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I had seen the soap at the store and realized that they were a perfect match to my Sugar & Cream yarn. I first thought about making a matching washcloth, then found the design pattern for the sponge. I guess the soap was the inspiration behind the gift. They smell so good!

    ReplyDelete