Thursday, January 30, 2014

Coming Clean

Since we've started Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace program, I have not shared with anyone how much debt we actually have.  I think the main reason is that I'm embarrassed about it.  I've been trying to decide if it would be beneficial for me to share the numbers, or if it really doesn't matter.  I see a lot of blogs online of folks who vow to get out of debt and list all of their debt amounts, just to see them go up over time, or the blogging falls apart because they're just not able to conquer the debt.  I wonder if that is becuase they've shared their numbers, or becuase of something else.

When I was losing all my weight, I was very open about my weight.  I had a lot of folks cheering me on and I felt by being honest about my numbers, I was in a way cheering them on, too.  I have NO problem telling people what I weigh (166) or even what I did way (212) when I started.  But ask me how much debt I have and I cringe at the thought of telling anyone.

I really don't know if I have much of a blog following at this point, so a lot of times, I feel like I'm talking to myself....almost writing a diary.  If you follow my blog, I'd love to hear from you.  Do you think I should share my numbers?  Would it make my story easier to follow; harder to follow?  Any input would be great.  Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. I'm following your journey through this. Personal finance has always been a topic of interest for me. I'm maybe a little further along in my journey, but still have a long way to go. I guess the specific numbers don't matter to me - I don't really talk about our specific numbers with anyone but my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback! :) Are you blogging about your journey?

    ReplyDelete