Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Homemade Elizabethan Collar For Cats

Tomorrow is a big day around here: Mrs. Puff is getting spayed!  Our vet clinic insists on dogs and cats leaving the office with an Elizabethan collar on. (Also known as a 'cone of shame'.)  Since we've put ourselves on such a tight budget, I didn't want to spend $15 on one since it's not something I intend to use. So, I decided to make one!

I bought a plastic placemat from Walmart for $1.58 plus tax. I used Velcro that I had on hand, as well as some felt so it was softer around the neck. If you need a cone collar for a cat or a small dog, you should definitely make one of these!  It only took about an hour to make!

I used a plastic protector for the neck hole and a pizza pan for the larger circle; plus my sewing machine and a heavy duty needle. For specific instructions, leave a comment and I'll put together a tutorial. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment