Thursday, January 23, 2014

Milestone Blanket

So I thought it would be fun to start a milestone project to work on as we dig out of debt. I'm still trying to decide just what to do, but I'm thinking of crocheting one square for every so-many-dollars we pay down debt. I need to do some figuring on how many I'll need to join together in order to get a nice size blanket that's not too big and not too small. 

Of course I immediately wanted to price out yarn. My new favorite is the 'I Love Cotton' from Hobby Lobby but I don't have much of it, so I'd need to buy some. That's not a good idea. So, I decided that I can only make it with yarn on hand. I have a lot of Vannah's Choice yarn, so I'll use that. Here's my first square:


I got the idea from back when I did Weight Watchers. I had a friend who made a denim tote bag. Everytime she lost five pounds, she sewed a button on her tote bag. I love visuals so the idea really works for me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment