Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Extra Snow in Wilmington for the Debt Snowball

Aaron and I just finished tweaking the budget for the next two weeks.  He gets paid tomorrow so we always sit down to make sure all of our bills and cash-out needs are covered before we start spending.  I tell ya, this budgeting thing takes a lot of time and effort, but it really is worth it.  I heard this the other day:  It's better to tell your money where to go rather than wonder where it all went.  I love that!  So many times, we've gotten a padded paycheck (thanks to overtime and/or holiday pay) and I think that I'm going to finally be able to catch up and maybe buy some fun things for the kids, just to see that when I finally get around to balancing the checkbook, we've spent the surplus....and more.  Now, since we meet before the check is actually deposited, we can come up with a game plan on how and where to put each dollar.

After bills and a few extra things (girl scout cookies, for one and an ACT test for Jake) we had $188.30 left to put on the debt snowball.  Yea! 

It's actually snowing in Wilmington right now (a very rare thing) so it's fitting that we have snow to put on our debt snowball.  :)  I'm hoping we wake up to several inches of snow so we have enough for a snowball fight with the kids tomorrow.  {I must clarify....I really hate snow.  Growing up in Michigan, I've had my fill for life.  To me, it's a four letter word.  ;) But, the kids want to see it every now and again so I try to act like it's all fun and games.  I could live without it, but they do love to see it, so I don't pray against it.} :)



No comments:

Post a Comment